Tuesday, September 10, 2013

New

 
 
“No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading,
 or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.” — Confucius
 
 
I bought a new book this weekend! It's It Happens in the Dark by Carol O'Connell, the latest in her Mallory series. It just came out in August so it really is a new book.
 
Do you make time to read?
 
This week's Wordsmith Studio Creative Prompt is New. So, what's new with you? Let us know by leaving a link in the comments on the blog post. Thanks to Kasie Whitener for this prompt.
 
Follow me on Twitter or click the Join this Site link to follow this blog.



6 comments:

  1. I love new books! Unfortunately due to the amazingness of the epub market I always have too many unread books. Making time to read is still a problem. How do you make time to read?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lately, I have been reading both early in the morning and right before going to bed. The hardest thing for me is stopping. I had to accept that reading a few pages is better than reading none.

      Delete
  2. I'm actually trying to cut down on social media to make more time to read real stuff. The key here is the verb: you must "Make" the time- it ain't gonna fall in your lap. And I LOVE your quote! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julia. Yes, just like writing, you must make time to read.

      Delete
  3. I know it isn't the same, but I listen to a lot of books on CD. I can listen in my long commute to work and back. Often as I listen, I wish had the book and the time to see a particular phrase on the page. Like you Michelle, I try to read before going to sleep, but I'm often too tired to remember what I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had several friends who have enjoyed audio books on their commutes. I think it's cool that you wish you could see some of the phrases on a page. I have the same challenge with reading right before going to sleep.

    ReplyDelete