Thursday, May 30, 2013

Otis Redding

For me, nothing evokes memories like music. When Robert Lee Brewer gave the prompt "knock on wood" on his Poetic Asides blog in March, it was natural for me to think of the song by that name. I knew it from one of my Otis Redding albums. Voila! I had the makings of a poem.

 
Otis

Knock on wood*
Maybe the dock
of the bay#
You had no
time to waste.
The crash
took it away.
Still, the music lasts,
from vinyl
to CD
to downloads.
Well past the time
you had to knock,
knock on wood.

*Knock on Wood by Eddie Floyd and Steve Cropper
#Sitting on the Dock of the Bay by Otis Redding and Steve Cropper

What is your favorite kind of music? Do you ever write about it?
 
Related Posts
 
 
 
 
Follow me on Twitter or Click the Join this Site link to follow this blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment