Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A New Chapter

 
 
I planted this daisy two years ago at the beginning of what turned out to be a very hot summer. I didn't think it survived the heat that year. I could always see a little bit of green, but it was so burned out that I thought I had lost it.
 
Last spring, some leaves started to sprout in the spot where the daisy had been. To be honest, I didn't know if it was the daisy or a weed. Because of the location, I decided to let the plant grow and see what happened. It continued to grow through the summer, but didn't flower.
 
This year, I was happy to see buds appearing. The picture shows the first flower in two years, not quite fully opened, and a couple of the other buds in the background.
 
This is my daisy's new chapter. It is strong and in full bloom.
 
A New Chapter is this week's Wordsmith Studio Creative Prompt. What does this prompt bring to mind? Write prose or poetry, take a picture or draw one. Put a link to your response in the comment section of the prompt post. Thanks to Dana Dampier for this prompt.
 
Follow me on Twitter or click the Join this Site link to follow this blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment